As we’re all still technically in lockdown, i have officially been in the house for the whole of May. I thought this would help with my book buying habits, but it didn’t really. I’ve half been buying books because it helps me get through being at home, and half been strict with myself because i want to get some books from my backlist read.
But i did end up treating myself, and i had some pre-orders on the way. So i figured if i was reading loads, i could at least replace some of those books and give myself something to look forward to. I haven’t got around to reading any of these books yet, because as i said i’ve been trying to get some books off my backlist. However, i’m so incredibly excited to read all of these books.
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daugher by Erika L. Sanchez
- A Heart In A Body In The World by Deb Caletti
- Burn by Patrick Ness
- Wonderland by Juno Dawson
- Date Me, Bryson Keller by Kevin Van Whyne
- The Water Cure by Sophie MacKintosh
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
- Counting Stars by Keris Stainton
- The Wicker King by K. Ancrum
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
These are all the books that i picked up this month. I’ve definitely missed being out in book shops a lot and browsing shelves. Picking up a book and reading the back is something that i’m really missing, and i’ve changed my reading shopping habits slightly. I’ve been really enjoying spending a few hours browsing different websites for books, and comprising lists of books that i really wanted to buy and making final choices.
It’s been very strange change of buying books only online, i really love going in to book shops and genuinely really miss it. I think this month i’m going to try and cut back on what i’m buying. I have plenty of new books to keep me going, and i’ve been really enjoying reading from my backlist in the last couple of months.