Happy book haul! I’ve been on a little bit of a buying ban for a while – i say a while, i really mean it’s been about six weeks – and i’m back with another haul, a haul that definitely shouldn’t have been a haul. I was determined to not buy books, read from my back list and be really good at the moment. That hasn’t happened and i’m back in a tricky place with my TBR and the fact that it’s huge.
I cannot be to blame for all of these books. I have been gifted so many books from publishers recently, which is really lovely to be able to support so many exciting upcoming releases. It has recently also been my birthday which means i have had some bookish gifts, naturally in the form of just books.
All i’m saying is, it’s a good thing i’m in a reading mood or else i’d be really worried. The majority of these books have come from a trip to London i took, and picked up some new books (as usual). I am half regretting how many i purchased, and half really happy with what i picked up and cannot wait to read them! So i sort of achieved my book ban goal for six weeks.
I’ll start off with the books that i’ve been kindly gifted by publishers. The start of the year is always really exciting for new releases, and i’ve been extremely lucky so far this year receiving review copies, and i’m more than grateful for Penguin, Abrams & Chronical, Harper 360 and Usbourne for sending me such wonderful books to get excited about!
- The Pieces Of Ourselves by Maggie Harcourt
- The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne
- All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban
- The Last Lesson by James Goodhand
- Stay Gold by Tobly McSmith
- The New David Espinoza by Fred Aceves
- Parachutes by Kelly Yang
- Let Me Hear A Rhyme by Tiffany Jackson
Next i want to mention the books that i got for my birthday as gifts. I’m so lucky that my friends know me well enough to pick out books that i’m super excited for. And it’s been so nice to receieve books that i really want to read.
- This Is How You Lose The Time War by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone
- The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai
- The Mercies by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power
- Black Wings Beating byb Alex London
Lastly, here are the books that i picked up on my own this month. I shouldn’t have picked up so many, and as i said before, it’s a little bit of a regret at this point. But we’ll power through for the haul sake!
- One Of Us Is Next by Karen McManus
- Heartstopper Vol 3 by Alice Oseman
- The Conferance of Birds by Ranson Riggs
- Taproot by Keezy Young
- 19 Love Songs by David Levithan
- The Revolution Of Birdie Randolph by Brandy Colbert
- The Importance Of Being Wilde At Heart by R. Zamora Linmark
- What Kind Of Girl by Alyssa Sheinmel
- Picture Us In The Light by Kelly Loy Gilbert
- At The Edge Of The Night by Friedo Lampe
- Are You Watching? by Vincent Ralph
- Colour Outside The Lines editied by Sangu Mandanna
- Wildfire by Carrie Mac
- What Momma Left Me by Renee Watson
- This is Kind Of An Epic Love Story by Kacen Callender
- What Makes Us by Rafi Mittlefehldt
- See All The Stars by Kit Frick
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
- The Zoo by Isobel Charman
- The Weight Of The Stars by K. Ancrum
Considering my TBR pile is now completely out of control and i cannot cope (literally, if i didn’t buy a single book it would take me years to clear my back list), i’m on a ban. I’m on a very serious ban, so serious that i am going to try my absolute best not to pick anything up at NYALitFest this year. It’ll be a hard task, but i don’t want to add any more books to my TBR, and i really want to get to reading some books that i’m excited to read!