Earlier this month, Sarah posted her YALC 2019 TBR and I’ve been meaning to fully go through all the authors and decide what I want to take with me and what I want to read prior to it. There’s some amazing authors attending and I was so happy when I read the announcements!
Now, it’s going to be a very loosely structured TBR. I don’t do super well with strict reading structures as if I’m not in the mood to read something, I don’t want to go into it with that negativity. I wrote a post very recently about TBRs which you can read here.
Some of these books I already have signed so probably won’t take them to YALC. However, the authors are going and I really love a lot of them so I still want to read their books and meet them!
- Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman
- Heartstopper Vol. 1 and 2 by Alice Oseman
- Oh My Gods by Alexandra Sheppard
- The Places I’ve Cried In Public by Holly Bourne
- No Big Deal by Bethany Rutter
- Outside by Sarah Ann Juckes
- The Million Pieces Of Neena Gill by Emma Smith-Barton
- All The Things We Never Said by Yasmin Rahman
- The Summer of No Regrets by Kate Mallinder
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- Meat Market by Juno Dawson
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
- All the Lonely People by David Owen
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
- All the Bad Apples by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
This is a lot and of course I won’t read all these. I probably will cut this down to and change it around before I go because I’m highly indecisive!
I really wanted to take The Love & Lies of Rukhsana Ali by Sabina Khan, but sadly she is not going to be there anymore! I still really want to read this book soon though.
I’m so excited for YALC! It’s a little escape from reality and I get to spend time with some fantastic people. It’s going to be such a wonderful break!
What books are you planning on reading before YALC?