I’ll give myself any excuse to buy books, and February’s was that my birthday is actually in February. I also wanted to stop doing regular book hauls (as of right now i’m on a ban anyway) so this is just an accumulation of the books that i got around the time of my birthday.
I knew that i’d asked for no gifts for my birthday, but some books ended up in my hands from my friends. Also i had booked a trip to London with Sophie and my best friend Becca to see Everybody’s Talking About Jamie which my only request for those two days was ‘let me have as much time in Foyles as i want please.’ And my only wish was granted. So i ended up picking up quite a few books while i was in London too, mainly from Foyles and Gay’s The Word.
I was extremely lucky for my birthday that so many of my lovely friends bought me books or gave me book vouchers. It was a really nice surprise. So the books that i got for my birthday are…
- Dare Mighty Things by Heather Kaczynski
- Nowhere on Earth by Nick Lake
- Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D Jackson
- If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio
- The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B by Teresa Toten
- Milk & Vine by Adam Gasiewski & Emily Beck
- The Boy In The Back Of The Class by Onjali Q Rauf
- I also was gifted Anger Is A Gift by Mark Oshiro, however i hauled this last month.
I was definitely extremely lucky with my book gifts this year. I’m more than happy with what i got from my friends and they’re all really anticipated reads from me. I cannot wait to get around to reading them all.
I made a very big mistake when i went to London of not setting myself a budget, and well, whatever hypothetical budget was there went completely out of the window. I’m really pleased with all the books that i picked up, however if i ever needed to really go on a buying ban, it would be now. I wanted to try and make use of the library a lot more this year, and i really think i need to now. Here are the books that i picked up in London..
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- The Secret Life Of Ava Rivers by Faith Gardner
- Miles Morales – Spider-Man by Justin Reynolds
- The Weight Of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf
- Alan Cole is NOT a Coward by Eric Bell
- Running With Lions by Julian Winters
- How To Make A Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
- Kaleidoscope Song by Fox Benwell
- Feral Youth by Shaun David Hutchinson
- Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters
- Between Us by Clare Atkins
- It’s Not About The Burqa Edited by Mariam Khan
- This Is What It Feels Like by Rebecca Barrow
- No-One Is Lonely Here by Sarah Everett
- My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life by Rachel Cohn
Those are all the books that i picked up over my two days in London. Again, i’m absolutely thrilled with so many of these purchases. There are so many books here that i want to read RIGHT NOW and ditch absolutely everything else that i had planned. Sadly, it might be a little while until i can get around to a few of these books, but they’re waiting until then!
I’m more than happy to have this be my last book haul for a while. I’m really determined to save my money and focus on reading the books that i have and not the ones that i might get to in a few months.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve bought books recently, and what they were!