Okay, so my excuse for a December book haul is that my family have decided to not really do Christmas presents this year, which means i won’t be getting many, if any books as presents (i’m actually really happy about this). So, i thought that a few treats here and there won’t hurt too much in December.
I picked up some books that have been on my to-buy list for a while this month, and i’m really happy with what i managed to get for cheap. I also bought a few books that i’d misplaced or left at ex’s houses this month (i’ve accepted the loss and turned to rebuying).
- Bad Girls With Perfect Faces by Lynn Weingarten
- The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Slated by Teri Terry
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson
- The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
- Little Monsters by Kara Thomas
- The Reckoning of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
- The History of Jane Doe by Michael Belanger
- Thunderhead by Neal Schusterman
- George by Alex Gino
- Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin
- How To Stop Time by Matt Haig
- Women & Power by Mary Beard
- The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel
- I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman
- Like Water by Rebecca Podos
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Burn For Burn by Jenny Han
I was also sent One? by Jennifer L Cahill for review from Clink Street Publishing this month!
I did also get a few books as Christmas presents from friends. Me and Sophie always exchange a book with a theme at Christmas, this has been an ongoing thing for a few years now, and i really like putting a theme on the books that we buy, it pushes us out of our comfort zones a little.
- GMorning, Gnight! by Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jonny Sun
- Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen
- No Further Questions by Gillian McAllister
- The Jungle Book (MinaLima Illustrated Edition)
- A Feminist Manifesto In Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Archive Of Magic – The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald by Signe Bergstrom & MinaLima
I guess my goal of picking up a few less books didn’t really work out this month (does it ever? You’re probably bored of me saying this now). In my defence, i’ve had something to celebrate this month (such as new jobs) and some bad things that have made me book buy. It’s not an excuse to spend all my money on books but i’m going with it.
For now, this is our last post of 2018, and we both want to thank you so much for what you have helped us achieve this year. We wouldn’t have gotten anywhere with the blog if it wasn’t for our readers, and we are so grateful. I hope you’ve enjoyed Blogmas this year as we’ve really enjoyed getting all these posts out for you.
We hope you have a fantastic New Year and 2019 brings you plenty of happiness and success.