I made a promise to myself that i wouldn’t buy any more books until Christmas unless it was an important release. Similar to the rest of the starts of these posts, i’ve completely failed that, so here’s another book haul!
I’ve found some pretty good deals on books this month, and i also had a few trips planned that meant that i got to check out some of my favourite book shops! There have also been a lot of really great releases that i wanted to pick up in November. I have tried to really calm down my book buying in the last few months. My main excuse this month was that i passed my driving test, so obviously i had to treat myself!
The books that i got for myself this month were:
- Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour
- The Boy In The Black Suit by Jason Reynolds
- The Girl Who Saved Christmas by Matt Haig
- The Lady’s Guide To Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
- None Of The Above by I. W. Gregorio
- Girls Of Paper and Fire Natasha Ngan
- Feminists Don’t Wear Pink by Scarlett Curtis (and plenty of great women)
- The Kissing Booth by Beth Reekles
- The Crimes Of Grindelwald by J. K. Rowling
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Heathers: The Screenplay
- Puddin’ by Julie Murphy
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- The Murder Complex by Linsey Cummings
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
- Falling In To Place by Amy Zhang
I also luckily received a few books from publishers this month, one of which i’ve already read and adored.
- Paper Avalanche by Lisa Williamson
- How To Make Friends With The Dark by Kathleen Glasgow
Thank you to the publishers who sent these books for me to review! I’m also really excited about a lot of the books on the list of the ones i picked up. I cannot wait to read The Crimes of Grindelwald after seeing the movie, and also i haven’t heard anything but great things about Girls Of Paper and Fire.
I also wanted to share some bonus bookish things that i got this month. Earlier in the year, i backed Alice Oseman’s kickstarter for her graphic novel Heartstopper. At the time i could only afford to grab a copy of the book, but luckily she had some spare merchandise left over that she put on her online shop. I picked up both the Charlie and Nick pins and i couldn’t help but pick up the adorable bookmark that went with the series! I absolutely love the artwork and the story of Heartstopper and i can’t wait to grab volume two of the graphic novel!
Hopefully i’ll start picking up a few less books in the next few months, especially with Christmas around the corner! I have plenty of books that i’m excited to read now, and i’m finally in the mood again to lock myself away and read for days. Hopefully that will happen over Christmas.
Let me know in the comments what books you picked up in November!