YALC is over, my weekend wrap-up is done and it’s time for the book haul (aka, the part that i know we’re most excited for). I had the goal this year of not getting that many books, and specifically only picking up books that i was excited for or had been on my list for quite some time. I can happily say that i stuck to one of those promises.
Okay i ended up getting far more books than i thought i would. Considering i tried very little for ARCs this year (literally i think i entered two raffles the whole weekend), due to me not being interested in the book or actually not bothered about trying, i came home with plenty of books to add to my shelves.
I actually feel so much better knowing i’ve paid for the books i truly wanted to read, instead of picking some up on a whim that i might never get around to. Me this year has learnt a lot from me last year. I started off picking up the books that i really wanted over the weekend. It mean’t that if they sold out during the weekend i’d already grabbed the ones that i truly wanted. Then obviously as the sales came around on Sunday afternoon i grabbed more books that i’d had my eye on but wasn’t desperate for. Everyone loves the Sunday sales at YALC and i feel like i really made the most of them this year.
I won’t ramble anymore, here are the books that i picked up at YALC this year:
- Noteworth by Riley Redgate
- Giant Days by Non Pratt
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- Who Killed Christopher Goodman? by Allan Wolf
- A Thousand Perfect Notes by C. G. Drews
- Nowhere But Here by Rachel Cotton
- She, Myself and I by Emma Young
- The Earth, My Butt And Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
- Save The Date by Morgan Matson
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart by Katherine Webber
- Doing It by Melvin Burgess
- What Girls Are Made Of by Elana K. Arnold
- All Of This Is True by Lygia Day Penaflor
- The Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
- My Box-Shaped Heart by Rachel Lucas
- Girl Made Of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake
- Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard
- My (Secret) YouTube Life by Charlotte Seager
- The Island by M. A. Bennett
- We Are All Lemmings And Snowflakes by Holly Bourne
- Encounters by Jason Wallace
- One Small Thing by Erin Watt
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- The Witch’s Blood by Katherine & Elizabeth Corr
- The Opposite Of You by Lou Morgan
- The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti
- All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis
- My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf
- Final Draft by Riley Redgate
- A Taxonomy Of Love by Rachel Allen
A bonus section for you! I took my usual London trip to Foyles the day before YALC, and also went to the theatre to see A Monster Calls on stage. Obviously that meant that i picked up a few extra books before my YALC weekend even started. Do i regret it? Not in the slightest. Here’s what i picked up pre-YALC:
- A Monster Calls (The Play, i picked this up the day before YALC when we saw A Monster Calls at the Old Vic theatre)
- Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles
- Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert
- Run, Riot by Nikesh Shukla
So that’s everything that i picked up over YALC weekend! I ended up coming home with more books than i wanted to, and my journey through the tube was a lot more difficult than i intended it to be, but at the moment they’re safe on my bookshelves and i’m going to slowly start making my way through them. I’m so excited about all of the books i’ve picked up and on that note, i’m off on a book buying ban!
5 thoughts on “YALC Haul 2018”
Tyler Johnson was here is beautifully written. Prepare the tissues!
Omg that is one big and good haul! I really hope I get to go to Yalc next year 😀
I absolutely loved The Island, I was so glad I managed to pick up a physical copy at YALC, I ended up coming home with 20 new books. The Sunday YALC sales are what I live for 😁
Amazing haul 🙂
I got Undead Girl Gang too, I’ve already read it and it was excellent.
Cora | http://teapartyprincess.co.uk/
bloody hell that is an awesome haul, i hope theyre all fab