I’ve been making a few posts this year after each YALC author announcement to let you all know how my YALC TBR has been growing. I missed the last one so i figured now that the final announcement has been released, it’s time to wrap up what my YALC TBR actually looks like now.
As we’ve been having announcements for a month or so now, i’ve already made a start on reading from my YALC TBR. Luckily there were a few authors announced this year that i have already read from, such as Juno Dawson and Holly Bourne, that i don’t have to worry about picking their books up in the next three months. That doesn’t mean that the announcements haven’t given me a ridiculous amount of books to add to my TBR, admittedly to a point that i probably won’t get all these read in the next few months.
I have made a shiny new shelf on Goodreads for my YALC TBR books so they’re organised and in one area, which has definitely been added to from the last announcement. I am starting to split my TBR in to two categories, one that i absolutely must read before YALC, and one that i will be okay skipping but it might be nice to know about the books before i listen to the authors talk about them.
My list of books that i definitely want to get around to are (in day order):
- Truth Or Dare by Non Pratt
- Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls
- I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
- Children Of Blood And Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Noah Could Never by Simon James Green
- Eve Of Man by Tom & Giovanna Fletcher
- I Am Thunder by Muhammad Khan
- The Taste Of Blue Light by Lydia Ruffles
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman
Without a doubt i’m most excited about Eve Of Man from that list, and the fact that Tom and Giovanna got announced was enough for me to freak out a little bit in public. I am also really excited for Noah Could Never as i loved Noah Can’t Even by Simon James Green, and i’m so ready to read my first Non Pratt book (seriously, why have i not done this yet?).
The list of books that i’d like to get around to but might not happen yet is:
- Zenith by Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Commings
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
- The Long Way To A Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- Flying Tips For Flightless Birds by Kelly McCaughrain
- The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew
- Sunflowers in February by Phyllida Shrimpton
I’m hoping i get round to most of these, but with book club books on top of this, maybe this pile is a little excessive for someone that reads so slowly. Without a doubt i will be focusing on these lists as of now, and it’s such a relief that i don’t have to feel guilty about reading Eve Of Man when it’s released now!
Let me know in the comments below who some of the authors are on your YALC TBRs! And what you think i should prioritise from these lists!
2 thoughts on “YALC 2018 TBR”
YAlC! The TBR is looking strong 💪 lots to be excited about this year!
im so scared at my pile i gotta read, do i even have enough time?