I thought March would be quite a small book haul month. It turns out i thought i deserved a lot of treats.
A lot of things have happened this month that have lead me in to numerous Waterstones (i’ve actually started to spend some of my store credit, go me), bloggers events, book events, press books and movies are going to be released which has meant i want to read the books first.
All these reasons have lead me to a pretty large book haul this month. Luckily, i’ve already started to read some of these and have finished a few. A book haul always seems a little more justified when you’ve already started to work your way through the pile you bought.
I have also started a new system in my journal recently that will hopefully calm my book buying. I have a page now that tracks what books i’m buying and what books i’m reading in that month in drawing form. This means i actually see how much i’m buying. Realistically i’m hoping that this stops me buying so much. Let’s see how this works.
The books that i bought this month for myself were:
- Out Of The Blue by Sophie Cameron
- Sunflowers in February by Phyllida Shrimpton
- Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson
- Goodnight Stories For Rebel Girls
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To While People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- Big Bones by Laura Dockrill
- Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- Children Of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- More Than I Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Taste Of Blue Light by Lydia Ruffles
- Ready To Fall by Marcella Pixley
- Whistle In The Dark by Emma Healey
I also got my hands on a few review copies this month, which are:
- Clean by Juno Dawson
- Sam and Isla’s Last Hurrah by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn
This is the extent of the books that i picked up this month. I’m pretty pleased that i’ve already started to read through some of this list. Let’s hope it continues in the next few months.
If you’ve read any of these, let me know in the comments!