The Perks Of Being A Wallflower is one of our favourite novels. It’s definitely a book that we associate with one and other. Charlie is the protagonist in Perks and we both feel like he has many lessons that we could learn from.
Naturally, Charlie is an introvert, a very shy character when you first meet him and then once he’s comfortable with friends, a much more outward person. He’s a kind soul and very troubled throughout his journey in the book. We both absolutely love him as a character.
Charlie has many very clear traits, like being an introvert, which are very prominent themes within the book. The whole story is about Charlie growing up and learning new things from both himself and others. We are led to follow his thought process as he has brand new experiences which make him realise things about himself and about the world around him. He is the perfect character to do this post on!
Here are the lessons we think everyone could learn from Charlie!
- Don’t stand on the side lines and don’t be a wallflower (irony).
- If you need help, ask for it.
- Surround yourself with good people, and people who like you for who you are.
- Let people go when they’re off on adventures that will help them grow, no matter how much you love them.
- No matter what has happened it your past, there’s always something positive to look for in your future.
Charlie is a wonderful character who has both wonderful qualities and many flaws, as all the most well developed and three dimensional characters do. Lessons learnt from Charlie are ones we hold dear to us and ones you may learn too!
One thought on “Lessons We Could Learn From Charlie”