So many people have been writing their ’25 bookish facts about me’ recently. I realised that i’ve given very little information about my reading-self away on this blog, so here are my 25 bookish facts about me! It’ll be a right good time.
- I generally prefer reading from hardback books, but I own more paper backs because they’re cheaper.
- I’ll buy the movie cover of a book only if I really like the movie adaption or I like the actor on the cover.
- I always take off the dust jacket of a hardback when I start to read it.
- I always have to have a bottle of water near me when I start to read, if i don’t have some water near me i can’t concentrate on the book.
- I’m actually dyslexic and only began reading at around the age of 14, before that I found it difficult to read anything.
- Because of my dyslexia I find it difficult to follow story lines and understand what is happening in novels. This is why I don’t read that many fantasy books with complicated stories.
- I’m not sure how many books I own, but I’m nearing 500.
- My favourite book to film adaption is Catching Fire. Closely followed by The Fault In Our Stars.
- I’ve never read a full classic.
- I don’t have an official favourite book.
- I used to only read chick-lit novels, however now I have to be really in the mood to read them.
- I met two of my favourite authors, and guaranteed I embarrassed
myself in front of both of them (David Levithan and Giovanna Fletcher.)
- I have a library card but rarely use it – I like to own the books that I’ve read.
- My book buying obsession started when my dad took me to a discount book store about 5 years ago, I owned none going in and came out with 12.
- Currently, my favourite genre is crime and psychological thrillers.
- If I’ve finished a book and don’t know what to move on to next, it will probably take me days to find the right book to read.
- If I’ve read half of a book and I’m not enjoying it, I put a little piece of paper in as the book mark. It’s pretty much a sure sign I’ll never go back to reading it.
- I love graphic novels, but graphic novels which have some kind of truth to them. Anything very violent or excessively fantasy doesn’t appeal to me at all.
- I always want to read in the afternoons or evenings, however I’m generally a more productive reader in the mornings.
- It takes me a long time to read a book as I’m a slow reader. An average sized book where I have a lot of time to read could take me 2/3 days. When I’m at uni I can only average 2/3 books a month.
- I adore The Catcher in the Rye and i’m writing my 3rd year dissertation on the characterisation of Holden.
- I generally get most of my books online or from supermarkets because they’re so much cheaper.
- I bought myself a kindle 3 years ago but only use it for review books. I find it harder to concentrate on the book when it’s on a screen.
- I keep track of how much I read and what I read religiously. I have a note book which I record what I’ve read and bought per month. I also have notes on my phone of what I’ve read throughout the year.
- My TBR pile is absolutely ridiculously big. I buy books for almost any occasion, or if I find some cheap. And I read slowly. This is a bad combination for a reader.
6 thoughts on “25 Bookish Facts About Me”
Loved reading this!! You’ve inspired me! Now I have to do it over on my blog….
Love this! I will definitely be doing this on my blog!
I think I may do this on my blog!
(I know this was posted a month ago but I’ve been having a little snoop through your posts, heh)
My blog is there to be looked through haha yes do! I think it’s one of my favourite posts (I’m just really nosey)